Home » Kelly Dodd Responds to Shocking Rumor That 4 RHOC Housewives Will be Fired in Show Reboot
The future of The Real Housewives of Orange County remains in limbo.
Rumors of an RHOC mass firing began to swirl over the weekend after a popular Instagram gossip account shared a tipster’s alleged inside information about the show. The person claimed that Kelly Dodd, Braunwyn Windham-Burke, Emily Simpson, and Elizabeth Vargas had all been fired, Tamra Judge is returning, and Heather Dubrow and Alexis Bellino turned down an offer to return.
“Same friend also works at Bravo. RHOC shakeup is coming,” the unverified tipster told Deuxmoi, which was reshared by Queens of Bravo. “Kelly, Braunwyn, Emily, and Elizabeth are out. Tamra will be back. Heather and Alexis said no. They’re trying to get Gretchen [Rossi] and her rich Newport [Beach] friends on but Gretchen won’t return if Tamra’s still on the show.”
It should be mentioned that Deuxmoi openly admits that they do not verify the anonymous tips they receive, but some of the tips they have posted in the past have actually turned out to be true. If this particular tip were true, the only current cast members returning to the show would be Shannon Beador and Gina Kirschenheiter. However, according to Dave Quinn — who refers to himself as the “Housewives scholar” and has shared reliable information in the past — there is absolutely no truth to the rumors.
“[For your information], that [Deuxmoi RHOC] tea isn’t true so please stop sending it to me,” he tweeted on February 21.
A fan account, hoping for Tamra’s return, then asked Dave to confirm which part of the rumor isn’t true.
“All of it isn’t true,” he wrote. “There [have] been no decisions made yet.”
Dave isn’t the only one denying the tipster’s report as Kelly also confirmed on February 16 that contracts have yet to go out.
It’s not uncommon for rumors such as this to begin, as it happens every season for every franchise, but the future of RHOC really is up in the air. In fact, this time last year, Tamra and Vicki Gunvalson already knew their fate, and the remaining cast members were already filming. It also didn’t help matters when Andy Cohen, the boss with ultimate hiring and firing powers, hinted at a potential “reBOOT” of the show earlier this year.